The Halal Guys, New York City | Doodles of Life

Friday, May 06, 2016

The Halal Guys, New York City

I think I'm going to start updating about my trip to NYC soon. But I'm not really sure how soon is soon. hehe! Have to go over thousands of pictures which half of it are most probably my selfies.We'll see.

Anyway, when I was in NYC, I managed to eat The Halal Guys twice. I tried The Halal Guys for the first time after I was done with my visit to Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) and then I ate it again before I went to EXO Planet #2 - The EXO'luXion in New York. Honestly, I was intrigued to try The Halal Guys because of the hype. I kept reading that The Halal Guys is so good, yadda yadda! Even my senior recommended The Halal Guys to me despite knowing that I'm quite fussy when it comes to food.

The Halal Guys - 53rd Street and 6th Avenue

I tried The Halal Guys cart at 53rd Street and Sixth Avenue after visiting MoMa. And guys, believe me, the food is to die for! Like seriously, the hype is not just a hype! It is real! I tried their combo platter because I was rice-deprived at that time. It was so so so delicious. The portion was big and the price was cheap. It only costed me $7 for the combo platter. And just so you know, $7 for a meal in NYC is such a steal!

The Halal Guys - 53rd Street and 6th Avenue

I was lucky because the line was short when I bought my combo platter. Right after I got my combo platter, the line became so long. I was amused cause it was cold (winter, guys!) and people did not mind to line up just to get the taste of The Halal Guys. Well, I even fascinated by myself cause I sat across the cart and ate my combo platter there. *The cold never bothered me anyway*

Cold weather + hot and spicy food (put too much hot sauce) = heaven

The Halal Guys - 720 Amsterdam Avenue

I was so smitten by the taste of The Halal Guys that I decided to eat it one more time. I kept saying to myself, "Have to eat The Halal Guys one more time before going back to Canada! Have to!" This time, I went to their restaurant at 720 Amsterdam Avenue because it's only a few blocks away from my hostel. Besides, I was short of time. I had to go early to Prudential Center to pick up my lightstick.


I think their restaurant is very clean, cute and comfortable. Most probably because I came when they just opened their restaurant for the day. lol! I ordered the same thing; the combo platter. However, the price was different. It costed me $7.99 instead of $7. I asked one of the employees about the price difference and according to him, the price is higher at restaurant because they need to pay taxes. Make sense.

The Halal Guys - Combo Platter

As the environment and ambiance were different, so did the taste. ha! I found the combo platter sold at the cart was tastier. I don't know why, maybe because I was starving when I bought my combo platter at the cart but they tasted different. Or maybe I was not fully awake when I went to The Halal Guys for the second time. hehe.

General tips to eat The Halal Guys: Put a lot of like a loooooooooooooottt of white sauce because the white sauce is so good! Put just a little of hot sauce because the sauce is hot like seriously HOT! You're going to burn your tongue if you put too much hot sauce *This comes from a girl who loves spicy and hot food*

Anyway, I highly recommend you all to try The Halal Guys if you have a chance. Insya Allah, it will worth you money and satisfy your taste buds. Hopefully they will open their restaurant in Malaysia soon! 

22 comments:

  1. hopefully dapat try jugak bila da bukak kat Malaysia nanti....hihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insya Allah! Harap-harap diaorang buka dalam masa terdekat ni.

      Delete
  2. wow, nampak sedap sangat! n the best thing, HALAL :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cannot tgk gambar tu.nampak sedap sgt haha telan air liur je lah T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat Malaysia tu lagi banyak makanan sedap kan :D

      Delete
  4. sos putihnye nampak macam putih telur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Takdelah. Instead of macam putih telur, macam mayonnaise lebih tepat kot :D

      Delete
  5. Syoknya musim2 sejuk dpt makan makanan panas xD yg penting murah, kenyang dan halal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. masuk ke MoMA tu ?? banyak kan food truck halal depan MoMA tu. nampak macam sedap sangat. cerita New York aku tak terupdate2 sampai skrg. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masuk Zharif sebab free admission :)

      Food cart halal memang bersepah-sepah dekat New York ni especially bila dekat dengan tourist attractions :)

      Sila update cerita New York please! Thank you! ^_^

      Delete
  7. femes jgk the halal guys tuu,,beberapa kali jgk tgok org pos dkt instaaa,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think The Halal Guys is the most famous food cart in New York sebab tu diaorang start franchising sekarang ni :)

      Delete
  8. Just by look at the white sauce dah sangat2 buat saya terliuqq! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White sauce dia sangat sedap! :D

      Delete
  9. hadoiyayyyyy teringin...

    sedap ooo time winter makan panas-panas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang masyuk sangat-sangat bila makan time winter :D

      Delete
  10. pergh..jumpa kedai halal kat sana mmg heaven lah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dekat New York, bersepah-sepah food cart yang halal. Tapi The Halal Guys is the best la :)

      Delete
  11. Perghhh! $7 was really good! Kak sally makan FnChips pun dah cost me $16.50 belom masuk sos kena beli sendiri oii..hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS good! I really wish I can eat it one more time :D

      Delete

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...