EXO Planet #2 - The EXO'luXion in New York | Doodles of Life

Sunday, February 28, 2016

EXO Planet #2 - The EXO'luXion in New York

EXOluXion in New York

EXO Planet #2 - The EXO'luXion in New York. Or, more like EXO Planet #2 - The EXO'luXion in New Jersey as it was held in New Jersey! Went to this concert on 160221 and had one of the most exhilarating nights of my life! *I want to relive this night over and over again*

Bought the concert ticket wayyyyyyyy before getting my US visa approved. Such a huge gamble I know but I was so determined to see EXO. Seeing them in Vancouver was not an option because Vancouver is too far from Guelph and it is more expensive to travel to Vancouver than New York City. Plus, I have been planning to go to US during the reading week since last year. So, off to New York City I go!

Though, I have to say that I did not plan to go to New York City initially. My original plan was to go to Los Angeles for a week and catch their concert in Los Angeles but too bad, I had so many assignments due on the date that I planned to fly to Los Angeles.

Back to the concert!

Farah H at EXOluXion in New York
We Sing For You

The concert was organized by MyMusicTaste (MMT). I am pretty sure that EXO concerts are their biggest scene to date. They are very very very new in the scene so there were a lot of problems and misinformation happened before and during the concert. Like seriously, I felt like pulling my hair out because they kept changing the rules and stuff. I can write a long post listing my dissatisfaction but I rather not cause I am still thankful that they managed to bring EXO to this side of the world.

The concert was held at the Prudential Center, New Jersey. Very very very near to the Newark Penn Station. I think it only took me 4 minutes to walk from Newark Penn Station to Prudential Center. Went there 3 hours before the concert because I need to pick up my light stick. After I picked up my light stick, I spent the remaining hours watching flashmob and writing postcards. lol!

EXOluXion in New York
View from my seat

I was allowed to go in around 5:30 PM because I was not in GA section. Ya Allah, the lines were such a mess! Everyone kept pushing each other. Ughhhh, tak lari EXO tu! The security check in was tight too. They have this scanner machine like at the airport and they checked every bag. Managed to seludup my GoPro but I did not get to use it because few of the security guards saw my GoPro and gave me a warning! Darn, sedih sangat :(

So, all of my videos and pictures are in low quality because my phones suck big time! Thus, I am going to put the videos and pictures that I screencaptured from HD fancams. Thank you Juliette Nguyen and 7MinMin99 for the HD fancams!

The concert started quite late. Not really sure when it started but pretty sure it was later than 6:30 PM. Man, the hype in the venue was cray cray crazy! Everyone was chanting for EXO! My heart was beating so fast before the concert! Like seriously, I felt like I almost had a heart attack. I told myself to calm down and enjoy the concert like a civilized person would do. But, all those pep talk went down the drain once the concert started.

EXOluXion in New York

I found myself chanting and screaming along with other people! I screamed my lungs out throughout the concert specially for D.O. Oh my abang pendek! I cannot believe that I finally got to see you with my own eyes even though from a distance! Kahkahkah! Cannot believe myself until today >.<

I am not going to talk in detailed about the concert. I am just going to highlight few things and performances that I really like and thankful for from the concert.

But before that, how do people watch the artists during the concert? I mean, I want to see them in flesh so I spent most of the concert time watching their performance directly. But at the same time, I do not want to miss all those small little things so I spent quite some time watching them through the screen too. Nak jawapan please :)

EXO - Peter Pan

Peter Pan! Peter Pan was my jam for few months after it was released. To listen this song live was a bliss. The choreography was very cute too! :D
EXO - Christmas Day

Christmas Day!!! Christmas Day is my guilty pleasure song every December! I love the choreography as they are playing with their suspenders. But during this concert, they did not really play with the suspenders even though they were wearing one. It's okay! And I really love D.O's voice in this song :D

EXO - Don't Go

Don't Go is my all-time favourite song from EXO. This is my kind of song! And I was really hoping that they will sing this song. Thank God they did! And I really really really love the choreography even though it was very simple. The butterflies, the houses. So much love for this song!

EXO - Exodus

Really love the chorus of this song! Listened to this song few times before the concert because I have stopped listening to EXO for a while. And fell in love with this song almost instantaneously. 

EXO - Call Me Baby

I hated this song when it was first released! However, I have no idea how did I get hooked into this song. New York City must have done something to my brain because I only listened to this song properly when I was in New York City.

EXO - Love Me Right

I actually did not realize that EXO has released this song for quite some time until few days before the concert. Told ya, I stopped listening to them for a while. Love Me Right is such a party song! The hype during the concert was no joke! Bergegar lantai stadium tu.

EXO - Unfair

Such a cute cute cute song! D.O. sounded very relaxed in this song. And Suho sounded so cute! Love his adllibs too :D

EXO - First Snow

Have loved this song since it was first released along with the Christmas Day and Miracles in December. Cute! Cute! Cute!

EXO - My Answer

I refrained myself from shouting D.O. or Kyungsoo when they were singing My Answer because it is a slow song. But, yes, D.O.! Pretty sure my answer is you <3

EXO - Sing For You

Such an emotional song. The song sounded so beautiful especially when the fans started to sing along. Or at least that's what I felt at that time. And I swear, Suho sounded like he was going to cry at one point.

I was so happy because I got to listen to the songs above live during the concert. Those are my favourites. I almost cried when I listen to all the slow songs. And I was so busy singing and grooving along to the fast songs. Emotional and hyper as heck!

Post concert, I find that Let Out The Beast, Run, and Machine are not bad too! I guess I love the concert version. Such an adrenaline rush! :D


Talking about the members, all of them are so handsome. I do not care if it is because of their make up or whatnot, but they are really handsome! Especially Suho! I think Suho shines the most in terms of look! And he is very very very nice and gentle! I cannot emphasize enough how angelic Suho is but he is verrrrryyyyyyyyyy nice! He also speaks decent English! He tried to communicate with us in English most of the times. So considerate of him! Please show Suho some love EXO-Ls, because apparently Suho does not have many fans compare to other members.

As for D.O. what else can I say? He is such a babe. Of course I am biased! hahaha! He is so cute and very chibi! His voice is very lovely. He got so many lines too! Wohooooooo! Thank God he did not make many mistakes. However, I do feel that his voice was quite restrained during the concert. I guess he did not get enough rest.

I cannot say much about other members because I did not really pay attention to them cause I was so busy looking at D.O. lol! But, the beagle line (Chen, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol) really act like their usual self. So loud, cheerful, playful and did not really pay attention when someone was talking. haha! Oh, Baekhyun and Chen's voices are lovely too! Baek especially :)

I was most surprised about Xiumin. Xiumin was one of the most hyper members during the concert. He is very cuteeeeee considering his age and was very good with fanservice too. I think he deserves more chance to show his talent.

Not really sure about Sehun too except he is really the baby of the group. As for Kai, he has this mysterious charm surrounding him. He was so charismatic when he was dancing but was a little bit childish when he was talking or interacting with other members.

In case anyone wondering, Sehun and Chanyeol have the most fans in this concert. The screams and chants for both of them were deafening.

EXOluXion in New York
The concept of the picture is sexy cute according to Chanyeol.

I told this to Kak Nur but I am going to post it here. I went to the concert as a strictly D.O fan but I came back from the concert as a D.O fan who has a soft spot for Suho and Kai. Gilalah! Cannot believe myself! I mean I get why I can like Suho too before the concert. He is a very good looking guy! Suara pun sedap. But Kai?! I was not a big fan of him before because in my opinion, he got too much spotlight and attention when EXO first debuted. And I usually hate  member who always overshadow the other members. But after the concert, fuhhh, cair sikit hati akak dekat Kai. Ahaks :p

Anyway, it was a great night! As I said before, I wish to relive the night over and over again! I just wish I had a better seat and better phone cameras to record the concert. Guess who's planning to buy a new iPhone later? harharhar .______.

Hope to see you again, EXO! EXO, saranghaja! :D

p.s: Do click the pictures with song titles underneath if you want to see the fancams.

46 comments:

  1. Baru lps dengar lagu exo tetiba ternampak posts akak ni pulak, terus bukak xDD jelesnya dpt tengok exo dpn mata, dri jauh pun xpelah T__T

    Member2 yg lain selain suho tu ckp bahasa korea ke mcm mana? Haha

    X sangka ketat gak nk masuk concert exo ni. Tapi peliknya kenapa gopro xleh bawak masukkk. Tak bestnya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Concert rules, no recording @ taking picture while the concert is on :P

      Delete
    2. Mazni, dia macam jauh tapi jauh sangat. Nampaklah abang pendek dengan jelas. Hahahaha. Sedih tak bunyinya?

      Members lain semua cakap Korea dan broken English. We had a interpreter but the interpreter sucks! Even though I only understand limited Korean, I am pretty sure there were a lot of things lost in translation.

      Sangat-sangat ketat! I guess it's US thing and sebab the organizers mengada-ngada sangat. Menyampah! hahahaha

      Tapi, sebenarnya dia memang dah cakap GoPro tak boleh bawa masuk. Tapi, logically, tak payah nak kisahlah pasal GoPro tu sebab bukannya boleh rekod dengan jelas kalau dari seat akak tu. Tak nampak apa pun.

      Delete
    3. Betul tu kak Sally! Cuma kitaorang dibenarkan rekod pakai phones sebab every concert goers sangat tak berpuas hati dengan organizer nya.

      Delete
  2. finally thanks for the post kak hahaha . i keep smiling while reading your post pergh. at least lah dapat jugak baca pengalaman akak ni. & yes sehun,he is really the baby of the group bhahaha *sbb suka dgn sehun je*

    Susah jugak kan nak masuk concert macam ni,ketat jugak. hmm next time jelah pergi ni T_T

    anyway,this is my favorite post so far >.< hahahaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only a tip of the iceberg! Sebenarnya panjang lagi nak cerita tapi nanti orang kata obsess sangat, so sampai sini sahajalah post pasal EXO ni.

      Memang baby sangat Sehun tu :D

      Delete
  3. to me, suho kalau dalam tv tak menyerlah tapi bila jumpa depan2.... ya Allah! dia sangat handsome and kulit dia sangat cantik! D.O mcm biasa la, chibi jeee (but he's still taller than me lol). Album ereurong diorg is still my fav walaupun minat kat members tu dh kurg huhu. Thanks for sharing your experience kak farah I really enjoyed reading it ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same too! Suho kalau tengok dekat TV macam tak menyerlah tapi masya Allah, depan-depan, handsome sangat! Kulit dia memang cantik sangat. Rasa malu pula bila compare kulit kita yang perempuan ni dengan kulit dia. hahahaha :D

      Samalah kita. Even D.O is chibi, he's still taller than me! And yes, I know why you love the album. I love that album too. It is still my favourite album so far! <3

      Masa diaorang released that album, akak rasa marah sangat-sangat sebenarnya (I was a very loyal ELF back then) sebab hampir semua lagu dalam album tu best gila! Rasa macam Super Junior dianaktirikan oleh SM sebab dapat lagu yang macam sampah while EXO dapat semua lagu yang best. LOL sangat bila fikir balik :D

      Delete
  4. I don't know much about the group, but to be honest their songs are always on my workout playlist. Haha. Enthusiastic. And love baekhyun's voice for Beautiful, pernah jadi OST utk short drama diorang rasanya. DO - banyak berlakon kannn? last time I checked, cerita It's Okay It's Love, tengok ni pun sebab tahu watak hero dia menarik. :D

    I saw you mentioned GoPro!! hahaha, welcome aboard, Fa! hihi

    Actually, I've been wondering. Memang tak boleh ambik gambar ke dalam concert? Like...you paid a lot right, to get in?

    I love Peter pan as well!

    hanisamanina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their songs are totally suitable for workout! It gives a rush.

      I actually had to google about that song because I have never heard about it. I guess Beautiful by Baekhyun is not really my cup of tea. But their song, Beautiful best! Everyone sounds lovely in that song especially Baek and D.O.

      And yes, D.O. banyak berlakon sekarang. I actually watched It's Okay It's Love because of D.O. Sebab masa tu dah lama tinggal drama Korea, so nak start balik tu rasa macam susah sikit.

      Hihi, thank you! I'm still learning how to use it :)

      Sebenarnya memang tak boleh. But for this concert, we were allowed to record the concert and take pictures using our phones only. Tapi, memang kalau ikut logik, sepatutnya bolehlah rekod dan ambil gambar cause as you mentioned, we paid a lot!

      Glad that you like Peter Pan! Peter Pan is really my jam! My second favourite after Don't Go <3

      Delete
  5. Hahahahaha...I know you gonna post this here..kekeke...

    macam tu la kekdahnya bila kak sally jumpa CNBLUE...you know when you like missing them so badly even they didn't even know you're exist somewhere in the world..kesian kan..?

    EXO - Unfair tu baru je kak sally dgr, tu pun sbb saje scrolling kat MNET nak cari lagu yg best..hahahaha...quite good...FYI, Call Me Baby is my alarm tone..

    As for the members, like you said...Kai is something...hahahaha...kak Sally suka tgk dia rather than anyone else...even I'm not a fan of EXO, but I enjoyed their songs :P

    Glad that you had a really good time there! macam nak pi tgk EXO kat KL plak 12/3 ni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang kesian kan kak Sally. Rasa macam orang bodoh sangat. lol!

      Unfair is very very very cute. I can't get enough of it >.< Uuuuuuuuu, Call Me Baby part yang mana tu? Kalau saya letak Call Me Baby mahu kena heart attack tiap-tiap pagi. haha :D

      As I said before, I don't really like Kai before because he got too much attention but after the concert, rasa cair sangat. Jadi noona fan pula. Ahaks :D

      By the way, I found a video of him dancing to Don't Go. Ya Allah, rasa macam what a beautiful creature this man. His dancing is so exquisite.

      Thank you, kak Sally! If you are going to their concert in Malaysia, please chant for D.O. on my behalf and please show Suho some love. Even though I doubt you will do it because yor eyes might be glued towards Kai all the time. hiks :D

      Delete
  6. Senyum akak sorang2 baca entry ni..seem that you are really happy with EXO performance and concert..kadang memang tak sangka diri sendiri jerit beramai ramai juga..hehehe..akak yang baca pun rasa enjoy sangat..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy, kak Ros. I guess because I have been waiting to go to their concert since forever :)

      Itulah, memang tak sangka, kak Ros. I guess I will not overestimate myself after this :)

      Delete
  7. Kinda jealous that you get to see them live. I was originally plan to see them here in KL but I canceled it bcos I'm going to Seoul soon so I have to choose between the two. I think all solo concerts are strictly no cameras allowed as well as Inkigayo or Music Bank. My friend went to MuBank and camera kena rampas but then they give it back. Pfft!
    Insha Allah maybe next time I will try to see them live. So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You're going to Seoul? Super stoked to hear about it. I really want to go to Seoul but it is not my time yet :)

      Yes, I do think no cameras are allowed for any kind of performances. Unless if you are the fansite masters. Tak tahulah apa jampi diaorang pakai sampai cameras diaorang tak kena rampas. hahahaha.

      Yeah, maybe, one day you will get to see them live. I just got this chance of going to their concert after missing my chances to see them few times. :)

      Delete
  8. it had been years zizie tak layan kpop.. but i do know exo and i like lay. hihi. seronoknya farah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You like Lay? He did not join the NA tour as he was busy with his work in China so I did not see him. hehe :)

      Delete
  9. seronoknya dapat tgok DO abg pendek depan mata...mesti nak kelip mata pon, xsampai hati kannn....ehehehehehehhe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang tak nak kelip pun kak Aisya. Taknak D.O. hilang dari pandangan. hahahahahaha :D

      Delete
  10. haha, I was lucky sebab merasa tengok konsert dalam zaman before smartphone.kadang-kadang kita ni nak rekod sebab tak nak hilang memori, tapi trust me, better tengok depan mata lagi enjoy.memories are more expensive that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faham kak Sal. Tapi tempted sangat nak rekod sebab I want to relive that memory again and again! :D

      Delete
  11. nak BigBang....!!! haha..ntahapapa entry gempak psl EXO..tetiba plak Bigbang...hikhik..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Bang ada datang Toronto hari tu tapi saya tak pergi sebab saya tak minat Big Bang :)

      Delete
  12. meriahnya... untung farah dpt tengok live mesti excited. boleh move on dh ke? hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak boleh move on lagi. Makin teruk! Hahahahahaha. Sedih betul :(

      Delete
  13. i'm not into korean idol but how luckyyy you areeeeee pergi New York!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Salam. Alamak. tak berapa kenal exo or korean artists~~~~
    But i know you're having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wah, bukan main seronoknya dia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. huwaahhhh eksaited pulak kita yang membaca nih.HAHAHAHHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not an EXO-L, aren't you?

      Delete
  17. hello adik manis.. long time no see u.. where have u been ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still here, just busy juggling with my life.

      Delete
  18. pergh.. dia layan EXO kat NY ok.. jangan memain..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the nearest that I can go. I wish they came to Toronto instead.

      Delete

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...