Connect & Interact Session | Doodles of Life

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Connect & Interact Session

This post is going to be super long and super personal and there will be no pictures. So, if you come to see pictures, I suggest you close the tab, or you can go click [here] or [here].

I just came back from Connect & Interact Session with two officers of my sponsor. I thought the session will be lighthearted and such but oh boyyyyy, I was so wrong! Well, in some ways, it was a lighthearted session as we met in a very informal setting. No formal attire, protocol and all. We laughed a lot in that 2 1/2 hours.

But, the conversations we had, fuhhhh, terbakar otak, okay! Made me reflect about my life in this very stressful time. Rasa macam, why oh why! Why I have to think about this now? I'm supposed to think about my finals right now. ㅠㅠ

So, here are few things for me to ponder and remember. Included in the list too are things that I have to do (related to our conversations) after my finals.

  • Go back to Malaysia after graduation!
  • Government is investing at least MYR 1.2 million on you (I used to think my sponsorship is worth MYR 500K maximum, but I guess the weak MYR made my sponsorship worth double than what it is supposed to), so you have to go back to Malaysia and serve your country. 
  • You are required to serve the country, not the government.
  • You have to pay the ganti rugi if you do not go back to Malaysia. Or, your guarantors (in my case, my parents) will have to pay on your behalf.
  • You are a risky investment made by government. 
  • You are a precious human capital.
  • Read again the contract that you signed in your first year and clarify any confusion with officers in charge.
  • You are sent here to absorb the good culture and spread the good things that you have learned once you back to Malaysia. 
  • You are here to discover yourself, to unleash your hidden potential. 
  • Mix around with people around the world.
  • Be a good ambassador of Malaysia.
  • Be a Malaysian in Canada, not Canadized Malaysian.
  • You have to file borang lapor diri after graduation!
  • You are considered to be successfully filled in your borang lapor diri once you literally filled in the form, requested flight ticket back to Malaysia, and back to Malaysia! They are going to check your status at the Immigration Office.
  • You then have to apply for jobs at SPA website.
  • You are also required to apply for job STAR website if you did not get calls from SPA.
  • Most of government posts are filled up. 
  • You are most likely will not get a job with government especially Tourism Management students (That's me!)
  • You are released from your contract if you did not get any jobs after one year from your graduation.
  • Program Mahasiswa Cemerlang (PMC) is a JPA scholarship for post graduate studies (I do not think I made the cut, but it is worth to do research about)
  • Canadian education system is way better than UK education system in some ways. I should be thankful for it!
  • Should CC the officers when I am emailing the officers at HQ regarding my possible plan of working in Canada.
  • Government is most probably will not call me to go to PLKN after my graduation. Praying super hard that they will not call me! (I asked for 5-year extension)
  • Reach out, seek help whenever you feel down and depressed.
  • You can count on the officers whenever you need help.

Fuhhhh, what a list eh? Though the things on the list make me want to cry, it is actually good to be reminded about all those stuffs. They made me reevaluate my intention and reminded me about my purposes and responsibilities. They also made me appreciate things that I have taken for granted for a while.

31 comments:

  1. MYR 1.2 million? terbeliak jap bebola mata. bila kak farah nak graduate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jantung akak pun berdetak juga bila tahu yang my sponsorship worth at least MYR 1.2 million. The pressure, ughhhh >.<

      Insya Allah, bulan 6 tahun depan graduate.

      Delete
  2. Woahhh what a list! I laughed hard at the PLKN part lol. Anyway, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I know some people find my rant about PLKN is very funny. But, I honestly do want to go. Especially after my graduation. I'm gonna be 23 years old at that time. I'm supposed to start building my career or further my study >.<

      Delete
  3. wahhhh, memang banyak jugak list tu T^T
    all the best in anything u do kak farah :)
    may ALLAH bless u :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a list.. huhu bedar tanggungjawab tu. Apply SPA? LOL sangat di situ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang besar sangat. Stress bila fikir :(

      Kenapa gelak tang SPA tu?

      Delete
  5. Boleh keje kat tourism malaysia... jenjalan free.. he he he..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saranan kanda SS, saranan kaki travel :)

      Delete
    2. No job opening in Tourism Malaysia :(

      Delete
    3. ive tried my luck too.. no rezeki there =)

      Delete
  6. 1.2M huh?
    Wow! Bila kena point semua tu depan muka, mesti rasa macam bersyukur sangat sebab bernasib baik kan?
    Good luck Farah.
    Do your best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bersyukur sangat-sangat! But, rasa stress sangat-sangat. I don't think I live up to that expectation and the responsibilities.

      Thank you, cEro :)

      Delete
  7. You are required to serve the country, not the government. - ok yang ni membuatkan saya terfikir sejenak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the officers told me pun saya terdiam juga.

      Delete
  8. Wah, terasa termotivasi pun ada.
    Good luck, do your best.

    Hopefully you will have the opportunity to serve our country :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow banyaknya goverment sponsor, huuhu
    yeahh serve the country :D goodluck kak farah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Selamat berfikir, adinda :)
    Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back to malaysia ada byk nampak. uhuhu.. Nanti balik jomlah meet up huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insya Allah, let's meet up once I am back in Malaysia :)

      Delete
  12. but that r the realities dear.. life after graduation is the real thing.. the real challenge.. and the real stress.. insyallah u can do it =) as for now.. focus on your exam k..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahhahahah mcm same je benda yang pegawai akk kt sini pon cakap...btw, after stahun ek, baru boleh mohon kerja dengan private sector? kitorang kat sini are informed, after like 6 months xdpt tempat in government or GLC, da boleh try private.... btw goodluck finals :D himnae!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitaorang kan baru first time jumpa officers lepas fly. Rasanya bukan setahun. Kalau tak silap, lepas 3 bulan dah boleh start kerja dengan private sectors.

      Thank you, kak Aisya :)

      Delete
  14. OMG! Why the list was sooooo longggg...hahahaha..pulanglahhh Farah! hikhik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahha. Insya Allah, I'll be back soon :D

      Delete

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...