Banff Trip 1.0 | My Stay At The Fairmont Banff Springs | Doodles of Life

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Banff Trip 1.0 | My Stay At The Fairmont Banff Springs

When we were in Banff, we stayed at The Fairmont Banff Springs. I was so surprised when I first saw the hotel. I know the hotel is pretty, yadda yadda but I never expect that the hotel to be THAT pretty! The Fairmont Banff Springs is totally a "Castle in the Rockies". 

The Fairmont Banff Springs
The Fairmont Banff Springs

I was so speechless and in awe all the time when I was there. I really felt like I was in castle all the time. The interior of the hotel reminded me of Merlin. Now, imagine how Merlin's (or Arthur's) castle (actually) looks like. Macam itulah sebahagian interior hotel ni.

Check in process was quite smooth I guess. We did not have to wait in line for long time as we arrived quite late. We arrived around 6:30ish. Plus, both of us are members of The Fairmont President's Club. So, we were given priority to check in :)

Funny thing happened when we were checking in. Our guest service agent checked us in under the wrong name because Amanda just said yes to whatever that our guest service agent said without even listening to her. I was like, "Amanda, no! We are staying for 2 nights. We are not checking out tomorrow, okay!"

The
The lobby of The Fairmont Banff Springs

Tang mana yang kelakar tu? Kelakarlah sebab Amanda pun guest service agent juga. The mistake was not supposed to happen. She is supposed to know how things work at the front desk. Bukan dia seorang je yang ada nama Yang dekat dunia ni. hihihi.

After checking in, we went to concierge desk to book our dinner reservation at Samurai Sushi Bar and Restaurants and to ask some questions. We had to wait for around 10 minutes before a concierge entertained us even though there were no people around. I was quite upset about it because the concierge actually noticed our presence but decided to ignore our existence. She kept talking to another concierge who happened to have the same attitude. I was like, "Excuse me, I know we are not your regular customer but we are still guests here, duhhhhh!" 

The lobby of The Fairmont Banff Springs
The lobby of The Fairmont Banff Springs

The concierge ruined my mood a lil bit. I was expecting high class treatment when I decided to stay here but the concierge tainted my expectation. Yang lagi sedih, tak dapat book reservation sebab kami tak available masa slot yang available tu. Buat sadis lagi, she did not even bother to ask, "Is there anything else that I can help you with?" 

"Awak ni buat training ke tak masa start kerja ni?!" Soalan tu asyik berlegar-legar je kat kepala saya selepas tu. Amanda and I were thinking that The Fairmont Banff Springs' concierges are not as friendly as our hotel's concierges.

Fairmont Room at The Fairmont Banff Springs
Fairmont Room at The Fairmont Banff Springs

We went to our room after the unpleasant experience with the concierge. We were surprised (for the umpteenth time!) because the room was smaller than we thought. Well, we knew we were going to get a small room but not THAT small, okay! Amanda and I kept bumping into each other. But that's okay because the beds were comfy and we did not need that much space anyway.

This room is the cheapest room that The Fairmont Banff Springs offered. It is called Fairmont Room. Surprise! Surprise! :p We booked this room; Twin/Twin Fairmont Room because we wanted the cheapest room and we did not want to sleep on the same bed. 

Toilet of Fairmont Room at The Fairmont Banff Springs
Even the toilet is small!

The size of the room was compensated by the view from our room. The view was so spectacular. So, I guess we cannot complain much, eh. hehehehe. To those who are my friend on Facebook, you got the idea how the view looked like. For those who are not my friends, hold your breath because you are going to be surprised! Just kidding! hiks :D

View from our room
View from our room

Waking up to this view for 2 days was a bliss. I can never get enough with this view, honestly. Masa sampai, duduk tepi tingkap tengok pemandangan sampai tak berkelip-kelip mata. Dua hari bangun pagi pun buat benda yang sama. How can I not be happy to see this view after the rude treatment? How can I not be happy to wake up to this view? Tell me.

Rainbow spotted from our room
Rainbow spotted from our room

I even got to see rainbow from our room! The rainbow totally made my day! Well, I should say rainbow(s) because I saw a rainbow at Lake Louise too. You should know that I love rainbow. Allahu, I was so lucky indeed to experience all things that I love in Banff. Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah :)

Overall, my stay at The Fairmont Banff Springs was very pleasant. The rude treatment from the concierge did not even bother me for the rest of my stay because I was too ecstatic with the view. In fact, my stay at The Fairmont Banff Springs was one of the highlights of my Banff trip.

40 comments:

  1. the lobby look so amazingggggg O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! Masa mula-mula masuk, memang ternganga habislah.

      Delete
    2. Lobby memang gempak, sayang concierge nya tak tiptop :)

      Delete
    3. Betul tu kak Farrah. Sayang je sebab concierges nya macam tu :(

      Delete
  2. betul,,,lobby dia mcm mewaahhh gilaaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lobby dia memang mewah sebab ni hotel mewah ^_^

      Delete
  3. mahal tak farah?? awww.. comelnya pelangi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got employee discount, so tak mahal sangatlah. But if you are on a tight budget, mungkin akan rasa mahal.

      Delete
  4. kak farah, keep updating in English. Munirah suka jotted down certain word/ sentence dari entry kak farah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tengoklah macam mana ya sebab ingat nak cuba update blog dengan BM pula lepas ni. Lagipun, my English tak power mana pun :(

      Delete
  5. bapak gilaaaaa lawa hotel ni Farah !!!!
    i was into the pictures darling.. ni kalau betul2 semalam brapa ni ? hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hotel ni memang lawa, kak Siti! Terus rasa nak kerja sini next summer. Rasa macam menyesal tak apply sini masa summer hari tu. hahahahaha :D

      The rates depend on few factors like size of the room, occupancy rate, seasonality yadda yadda. Masa saya datang ni, bilik dia harga dalam $400-$500 satu malam. Tapi, pasal saya dapat discount, takdelah bayar banyak macam tu.

      Delete
  6. the same feeling of waking up to foggy hills, traditional houses, waterfalls of Switzerland :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Switzerland! I wish I can go there someday. Teringin sangat-sangat.

      Delete
  7. wowww..amazing... seriously I thought it castle bukan hotel... hihihih

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in a way, this hotel is really a castle.

      Delete
  8. Mak aih, macam istana cerita vampire dulu-dulu...
    Gaya batu dan lobby pon dah lebih kurang sama dah...
    Nampak mewah sangat, sure best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vampire ada istana ke? Tak pernah tahu pun. Mungkin sebab saya cuma tengok vampire yang moden je. hahahaha. Alhamdulillah, memang best dekat sini. Rasa macam tak nak balik Jasper pun macam ya juga masa tu.

      Delete
  9. wahhhh, sangat cantil la hotel tu. memang nampak macam istana. view dari bilik tu memang cantik sangat T^T
    suka semua gambar tu T^T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hotel memang nampak macam istana. View tu memang cantik sangat-sangat! Sampai sekarang tak percaya dengan kecantikan tempat ni.

      Delete
  10. Lobi pun dah cantik sangat apatah lagi bilik kan. Lawanyaa :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bilik dia standard je. Tak lawa mana pun. Mungkin sebab saya ambil bilik yang paling murah kot.

      Delete
  11. View dari bilik tu memang undeniably cantikkkkkk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang cantik, kak Farrah. I wish I can wake up to that kind of view everyday! :)

      Delete
  12. Tengok tilam tebal tu... Rasa ngantuk lak... Hi hi hi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak nak bangun kalau dah start baring atas katil tu. hihihi. Tilamnya empuk sangat!

      Delete
  13. view tu memang sumpah cantik, Farah...I wouldn't mind a bit..hehe.N the hotel, man..macam dalam citer medieval la.kalau ada prince mesti lagi best *berangan*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul tu kak Sal! Memang macam dalam citer medieval. Itu yang teringat Merlin tu.

      Delete
  14. canteknya view frah.... btw that hotel looks abit like Hogwarts, dont u think so? :D Have fun over there, farah! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Memang rasa macam Hogwarts sikit. Kak Aisya, ni entri throwback je.

      Delete
  15. wahhhhhhhhhh....tengok interior design pon dah macam ala2 harry potter punya castle....what a majestic view......hahahhaaa.....masa mula mula melangkah fefeeling princess snow white x?hehehhehehehehe....I ALWAYS CURIOUS FARAH BELAJAR KAT UNI US KE?jawab..jawab..jelessss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiada fefeeling princess tapi rasa kerdil sangat bila masuk hotel ni sebab hotel dia besar sangat-sangat!

      Saya belajar di Canada, Aiman.

      Delete
  16. Subhanallah.... nice...

    Kna syukur bnyk2 dik... bukan semuaorang mampu sampai mcm awak... :-)...

    Keep up share with us nice photo ye.
    Tak dpt g... dpt tgk pun ... alhamdulillah...

    Btw... how much rate hotel tu? Siyesly lawa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah, memang syukur sangat-sangat, kak Huda! Memang rezeki daripada Allah dapat jejakkan kaki kat sini. Tak pernah bayang pun akan dapat jejak Canada ni sebenarnya.

      Hotel rate ni macam saya balas dekat kak Siti. It depends. Masa saya pergi, room rate ni dalam lebih kurang $400-$500 satu malam.

      Delete
  17. I was thinking to say about the awesome lobby...sekali all the staff are rude...haiya! Malas layan...

    tapi bila tgk scenery tu terus macam, "okay, what happened just know? I can't remember anything"... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other staffs are okay cuma concierges dia sahaja. Tapi, memang akan lupa lah rude treatment tu sebab view dia sangat awesome!

      Delete
  18. hahaha.. kelakar juga amanda ni.. maybe sebab tak sabar nk hiking kot. tgk view pon dh lawa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dia sangat excited sebab dapat keluar dari Jasper. Itu pasal la. haha

      Delete
  19. mak aih bilik tdo tu...adus!!! romantika d amor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang romantik habis. Terus berangan nak honeymoon dekat sini. hahahahahhahaha!

      Delete

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...