Evening At Edith Cavell | Doodles of Life

Monday, September 28, 2015

Evening At Edith Cavell

If you've been following my blog since last year, you should know that my favourite mountain in Jasper is Mount Edith Cavell. Mount Edith Cavell was one of the reasons why I went back to Jasper last summer.

Mount Edith Cavell
I was stunned by this view

All this while I've been obsessing over Mount Edith Cavell from afar. And, alhamdulillah, I got a chance to go for a hiking trip to the base of Mount Edith Cavell last summer. In case you're wondering, nope, I did not climb the mountain. Mount Edith Cavell hike is for the professionals. I am far from professional. I only went to the base :)

Mount Edith Cavell
Angel Glacier and Cavell Pond (I assume)

The road up to the base was crazy because it was zigzagged.  Few girls had carsick. We had to stop few times. I felt bad for them but I cannot do anything to help them. Plus, I was busy calming myself. I was like an excited child while we were on our way to the base. I kept repeating, "Oh my god! I'm so excited! I cannot wait to see Edith Cavell from near. My dream will come true! Edith Cavell, wait for me." A lil bit dramatic, I know. My heart was beating too fast to the point I felt I was gonna have a heart attack.

Once we arrived, my reaction was like, "OMG! I cannot believe this is happening! Dreams do come true, Farah! Dreams do come true! Subhanallah. Edith Cavell! I cannot believe my eyes! Why are you so pretty?!"

Meadows at Mount Edith Cavell
Meadows at Mount Edith Cavell

It was cold, cloudy, and raining a lil bit when we arrived there. I was excited yet I was not really happy at first because I want to see Mount Edith Cavell in a good weather. And what made things worse was I went there with an empty stomach. So, I was a lil bit grumpy. I woke up so so late as I had a midnight shift the day before and I missed my dinner. My advice to you, never ever go for hiking trip with an empty stomach!

Mount Edith Cavell
Trail to Angel Glacier

But nothing can ever go wrong in the beautiful place like Jasper. My mood totally changed after few minutes. The view was still super pretty and so spectacular even with the crappy weather. We did the easy trail to the Angel Glacier. We also did another trail which I cannot recall. Pardon me, it has been almost 3 months since this trip happened.

Angel Glacier
Angel Glacier at Mount Edith Cavell

The trail to Angel Glacier was actually closed by Parks Canada but our guides said, "It's okay! It does not look that dangerous. Let just go down to the Angel Glacier. It's gonna be such a waste of time if we did not get to be near to the Angel Glacier." So, down the Angel Glacier we went. You have no idea how afraid I was as I was kind of breaking a law by passing over the closed trail. But the afraid feeling went out the window as soon as I reached Angel Glacier.

Mount Edith Cavell
The other trail that we did.

It was super cool as I can see the glacier closely. I also got a chance to touch those ices. We spent a good half an hour here before headed out to another trail. The trail that we went was fairly easy. We got to see the meadows and few animals on our way to the midpoint of the trail.

Marmot at Mount Edith Cavell
Marmot. 

We did not finish the trail as we did not have enough time. We stopped at the midpoint because we have to be back at our van at 8:30PM. We reached the midpoint around 7:45ish and we needed at least half an hour to walk back to our van. I was pretty sad because I really wanted to stay longer.

Chipmunk at Mount Edith Cavell
Chipmunk

We left the base at 8:30PM sharp. I was overwhelmed with different feelings when we left. Part of me was happy because I got to be closer to Mount Edith Cavell. But, there was another part of me that felt so sad as the time that I spend there was fairly short. Why the heck I had so much emotion? hahahahaha.

Mount Edith Cavell
Edith Cavell

But, I am very sure about one thing. I love Edith Cavell and it has a very special place in my heart. So long, Edith Cavell. May I get a chance to see you again, insya Allah.

35 comments:

  1. :) tahniah dan alhamdulillah impian dh jd kenyataan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah, memang rezeki sangat-sangat! ^_^

      Delete
  2. wahh bestnyaaa! :D binatang2 kat atas gunung tu pun comel2 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biantang-binatang dekat atas gunung ni memang comel-comel. Rasa nak pegang-pegang, cubit-cubit je tapi binatang-binatang ni selalu lari kalau nampak orang.

      Delete
  3. Farah !!! cantik sangat ni Farah oooooi.. syukur dapat ke sana kan..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang cantik sangat, kak! First time tengok dengan kepala mata sendiri, rasa nak nangis sangat-sangat! Alhamdulillah, memang bersyukur sangat-sangat!

      Delete
    2. jom gi sana Siti..boleh rasmi winter coat baru..hihihi

      Delete
    3. eeerk pegi Canada ke Kak Sal ? haiyaaaak.. i bukak poket rasa pedih mata..

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Chipmunk tu memang comel! I wish I have a better picture of him :D

      Delete
  5. Bestnya dapat tengok glacier depan mata.
    Adoii, teringinnya nak merasa jugak :(

    Beaver tak jumpa ke? Katanya banyak dekat Canada sana tu. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel Glacier ni memang cantik dan best.Tapi, Stutfield Glacier yang saya pernah pergi tu lagilah subhanallah cantik sangat-sangat! Insya Allah, cEro, ada rezeki boleh tengok glacier juga :)

      Beaver tak pernah jumpa lagi. Walaupun orang kata beaver banyak dekat Canada, tapi memang jarang-jaranglah orang nampak beaver dekat sini.

      Delete
  6. Subhanallah cantik farah. Kalau dekat rasanya tiap2 thn hiking. Nampak glacier cair dan beaver tu so cute !!

    P/s: balik mesia nanti bls dendam mkn makanan best2. Nanti k.nina update psl mkn lg. Heheehe *evil laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haih, kalau dekat buakn tiap-tiap tahun, tiap-tiap minggu mahu gigih pergi hiking. Daripada couch potato tiba-tiba nanti jadi orang yang sangat active. hihihih. By the way, mana ada beaver dekat gambar tu, kak Nina! hihihi. Mesti terpengaruh dengan komen kat atas ni.

      Hahahahaha. Insya Allah, kalau ada rezeki boleh makan makanan best-best bila balik Malaysia. Please jangan update pasal makanan lagi :(

      Delete
  7. ala.. scenery bawah je... it must be dangerous... awww.. comelnya marmot & chipmunk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Zizie, tak faham scenery bawah tu apa. hehehe. Apa yang dangerous ya, Zizie? Hiking ke?

      Marmot dan chipmunk tu memang comel :D

      Delete
  8. sangat sangat cantikkkk! bestnye dapat tengok angel glacier depan depan mata sendiri. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. May i be there too! Someday perhaps? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insya Allah, Nad. Keep dreaming :)

      Delete
  10. ya allah sonokye Farah. cantiknya view dia Subhanallah :)
    ehhhh Marmot n chipmunk pon ade hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've been repeating myself but view dekat Jasper ni memang cantik sangat. Edith Cavell especially sebab Edith Cavell ni favourite mountain saya. hiks!

      Delete
  11. Tak terbayang kalu SS yang ada kat sana... Setiap angle SS amik gambar kot... Adusss...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalau kak SS yang ada dekat sini, mesti gambarnya lagi cantik. Syaa tak pandai tangkap gambar sangat.

      Delete
  12. cantik...cantik..akak pau gambar buat wallpaper desktop opis ek..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. janji tak bagi orang..coz your copyright, kan...

      Delete
    2. Boleh kak Sal. Dipersilakan. Kalau nak original copy, boleh email saya :)

      Delete
  13. Subhanallah! Indah benar ciptaan & kekuasaan Allah. Tak ada kata yang precise utk gambarkan kecantikan tempat ni. Majestic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures do not do justice for Edith Cavell, kak Farrah.

      Delete
  14. Ya Allah... Lawa.... Siyeslyyyy CANTIK... Heeee..... Tahniah sebab Kak Farah sebab dapat jejak kaki kat sana... Alhamdulillah. Boleh layan pemandangan secara crystal clear.... Beruntung sangat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah, memang bertuah sangat. Terima kasih ya Elina :)

      Delete
  15. nice view....rietta pown teringin nak ke sana...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang nice sangat, insya Allah kalau punya peluang, datang ya :)

      Delete
  16. hope i will get a chance to be there as well. waaa, sedihnya tengok orang travel ke tempat nature macam ni. T__T

    wah, macam-macam emosi bermain ye. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insya Allah, Amy! Kalau nak tengok nature yang best-best buat masa ni, Malaysia kan ada :)

      Delete

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...