That One Time James Said More Than 7 Sentences To Me | Doodles of Life

Saturday, June 27, 2015

That One Time James Said More Than 7 Sentences To Me

That one time James said more than 7 sentences to me, I giggled. Now, who is this James that I'm talking about? Raise your hands up if you know the James that I'm talking about. Anyone?

Give yourself a pat if you answered James, the manager. Yes, I'm talking about James, my manager. Not James Royal Pirates.

I'm a very uptight and awkward person when I'm around James. I feel that I have to be extra careful when I'm around him because he's my manager. And we don't really talk because he's so busy and he spends most of his time working outside. The only thing that he usually says to me is, "Hey Farah!" That's it. No more no less.

And I, being a very introverted, reserved, and quiet person, I usually reply, "Hey James!" That's it. I never try to prolong our conversation. Heck, I never try to initiate conversation with him. And most of the times, I respond to his questions or orders by body language.

Kah kah kah. Punyalah pemalas nak keluarkan suara setiap kali dengan James ni. Now I feel so bad because I never respond to him properly. Maaf ya, James.

So, it was kinda a big thing for me when he said more than 7 sentences to me. He gave me orders on what we should do next (He usually tells my senior colleagues which happen to be his friends about all of these stuffs). He tried to make small talks with me. He even tried to make lame jokes which I had no idea how to respond.

While I was doing towels,

"Farah, let's do napkins after you finished this bin of towels."
"I don't have to do the other bins of towels that we have here? Just start feeding the napkins?"
"Yes, you got it right!"

"Okay!" 

While my colleagues and I were taking 15 minutes break,

"Get up! Get up! Back to work."
"But, we still have 5 more minutes of break."
"Nope you're not. The break is over when I say it's over."

"Hmmm, okay."
"You should feel grateful you have 15 minutes break. We used to only have 5 minutes break."
"I am very thankful for this 15 minutes break."
"Looks like Farah is not happy with her 15 minutes break. I guess I'm going to hold your dinner break time."

"No, I'm not! I AM very thankful for this 15 minutes break."

While I was at the receiving end of our press machine,

"So Farah, you're receiving now?"
*Angguk kepala*
"We're gonna start with Whistlers now."
*Angguk kepala*


"Tony and Kelly are going for dinner now. You're gonna stay and keep receiving until they finish their dinner."
*Angguk kepala*
"I'm going to feed the rest of contracts with Glen."
*Angguk kepala*


"We're doing fitted sheets after this."
*Angguk kepala*
"Why are you bringing them back?"
"They're still damp."

"Okay."

"Do you get the flat sheets?"
*Angguk kepala*

"We're doing pillowcases next."
*Angguk kepala*

While I was feeding napkins with Glen,

Glen was complaining about banquet people that keep asking for clean table linens or napkins even though they keep giving us very dirty napkins and table linens. "We want clean napkins and table linens bla bla bla."

"You like Glen's girly voice, Farah?"
"Huh?"
"Do you like Glen's girly voice, Farah?" *He even mimicked Glen's girly voice*
*Giggles*

So, this was the one time James said more than 7 sentences to me. I don't think this situation is going to happen again in the future. So, let me savor this moment. Hahahahaha.

27 comments:

  1. wow kak farah, kita hampir sama bila org tegur macam taktau nak cakap apa. :3
    BTW,Mr James tu mesti best to work with kan? hehehe :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sama ke kita BV? hihihi. Akak dari dulu memang macam tu.

      Kerja dengan James memang best sebab dia baik sangat-sangat! :D

      Delete
  2. hahaha.. camtu ea.. xpela.. at least dia tak sombong ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James memang tak sombong. I guess he is friendly enough cuma pasal dia busy sangat-sangat, we don't really spend time working together.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha... Funny laa Farah ni.
    Macam dapat bayang suasana cerita ni dgn muka yg berbunga-bunga...hehhehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelakar ke? :O

      Tidaklah berbunga-bunga mana pun :p

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, it feels like I'm reading a novel. **angguk kepala** paling comel!

    Reply some, Farah.

    Or maybe at the end of your shift, you can just say, have a nice rest of the day :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celah mana tu yang macam novel? hihihi.

      Insya Allah, I'll reply him after this. Tapi, dia selalu strike conversation masa saya tengah busy. Tu yang asyik respond dengan body language je.

      I wish I can say that but he's usually just disappear like that. Tup tup tengok kereta dia dah takde.

      Delete
    2. sebab your dialogues macam comel2 gitu :D dah lama tak baca novel sebenarnya ni

      Delete
    3. lol. Now you're in Malaysia, you can start reading novel again :)

      Delete
  5. Hahahahaha....sampai hati Farah tak layan James...tapi yes, bila dengan superior mmg kita akan awkward sikit...paham sangat...unless you've been with him for 2-3 years.. :P

    Kem salam James naaa! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan, kak Sally! Saya memang awkward sangat dengan superiors saya. Lagi-lagi kalau superiors tu ada vibe yang ala-ala professional (macam James ni). Kalau superiors yang bagi friendly vibe, saya okay je :)

      Delete
    2. Kak Sally dengan big boss je macam awkward...sbb big boss kadang dia terlebih baik kadang garang tetiba...yg bos lagi dua okay je..hihihi... :P

      Delete
    3. Hehehehehe. Comel je dengan bos :D

      Delete
    4. Bos akak mmg perangai pelik-pelik...yg sorang terlebih concern, yg sorang dok tanya bila akak nak kurus...hahaha

      Delete
  6. hahaha, so cute!Farah asyik annguk je, mesti dia confuse Farah faham ke tidak..akak pun kalau dengan superior segan jgk..takut kte terover friendly, kang hilang plak respect tu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's supposed to understand that I understand his questions or orders sebab angguk kan tanda ya/faham. hehehehe. Betul tu kak Sal. Kadang, saya yang letak barrier sebab kalau over friendly nanti memang hilang pula respect tu :D

      Delete
  7. Comel! Comel! Cherish the moment while it lasts hihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally cherish that moment, kak Farrah :)

      Delete
  8. Hahahahha farah ni comel la! hahahahha :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahahaah...sabar jela..James...James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tinggal kenangan je benda ni, kak JM :D

      Delete
  10. james tu mesti penyabar sebab dpt jumpa farahkan.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James memang sangat-sangat penyabar :D

      Delete
  11. bagus tu sbb dia org yang kiranya x sombong la kan.. hehehek.. okay je Farah lepas ni sengih2 slalu tayang gigi tu..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dia memang tak sombong pun. Takde peluang dah nak sengih-sengih tayang gigi dah lepas ni :(

      Delete

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...