Highlights from College Royal 2015 | Doodles of Life

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Highlights from College Royal 2015

College Royal is basically an open house events for my university. I usually write a very long post with loads of pictures but I guess I will not do the same for this year.

I honestly did not enjoy this year College Royal that much. Maybe because I did not go to Square Dance competition (one of the main events which happens to be my favourite!). Maybe because of the bipolar weather (Rained in the morning, snowed in the afternoon, sunny for the rest of the day). Maybe because I was too swamped with my assignment (My memorandum of law assignment was due on the same weekend of College Royal). Or maybe because I had to go for my meal guides. Whatever it was, I did not have a great time like I did in past years.

I do not want to be a grumpy ass, so I am going to put few highlights (which will be filled with more positive things than negative things, insya Allah) from College Royal 2015.

I went to Chem Magic Show again. They had a same show like last year. There was an embarrassing moment when one of the tricks failed. The chemical was supposed to glow in the dark but it did not.

Michael the juggler
Handsome Mr. T

I went to the Cat Show. I am glad that I went to the Cat Show because I got to pet the cats. I FREAKING GOT TO PET THE CATS AFTER ALL THESE CAT-LESS YEARS! For your information, I am a cat lady. Mr. T was my favourite because he was so handsome and fluffy. There was a very fat cat named Toby. Oh my, I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw him. He was so big and lazy. He weighed around 10 kilograms and currently on diet.

For the first time (I believe so) Wildlife Club had real snakes where you can touch them. They also had a big spider which looks like a tarantula where again, you can touch it. And I being a chicken, of course I did not touch any of those. I also was informed with the death of the turkey that I saw last year. I was truly saddened by the news :(

Marine and Freshwater Biology Club also had few sea creatures where you can touch them. I do not remember all the names. I have successfully touched a starfish, a sea anemone, and few other unknown sea creatures.

I went to Autism Dog Services with a hope that I can see cute puppies. Too bad, there was no puppy. They only have grown-up dogs. But that was okay because those grown-up dogs were cute too!

Michael the juggler.

And the cream of the crop, the highlight of my dull College Royal was a juggling show by The Jugglers Club. It was entertaining, interactive and fun. My jaws kept dropping when I was watching the show. They did things that I consider impossible for myself to do. I mean, I struggled to juggle 2 balls, but Michael managed to juggle 7 balls. Of course he has a lot of experience, but man, he was so impressive! The rest of the team were impressive too :)

So, that's how I spent my time at College Royal 2015. I hope I'll be more excited and happy next year. Kudos to all the students involved in organizing College Royal 2015. They did an excellent job.

30 comments:

  1. a cat is currently on diet ? aaaa cat ? ahahaha.. macam manusia dah..
    bagi kami event2 mcm ni menarik la bila Farah share sebab tak pernah experience..
    akak pun naaak jugak pelok belai kucing2 tu semua n yes MR.T is indeed sangat hensem..

    ada swag =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is on diet. Obese sangat. Saya pun gelak gila-gila bila owner dia cakap dia tengah on diet. Kak Siti ada kucing tak? Kucing-kucing yang ada dekat Cat Show ni masya Allah comel sangat :D

      Dia handsome kan. Saya asyik duduk depan sangkar dia je.

      Delete
    2. i used to hev cat.. time kecik dlu tapi lepas ekor dia kena geget anjing dia mrana nak mati.. mak decide tanak bela apa2 dah.. plus akak alah ngan bulu kucing. but i loveeee cats !!! sangat.

      hensem!! akak suka kucing kat instagram tu nama Muffin. heey !! comel kalah manusia..

      Delete
    3. Sedihnya. Kucing-kucing saya selalu mati sebab accident atau termakan racun rumput rasanya.

      Thank you! Nanti saya tengok instagram tu. Saya ni dahlah tengah cat-deprived.

      Delete
    4. kak siti, dulu pernah tgok kt tv, anjing pon boleh obess, dann bila dah obess, dokter akn sarankan anjing tuh berdiet, dan banyakkan activity luar....sebab tuh human kena bawak dogs for a walk...kalau x nnt diorang xsihat...heheheheh :D

      Delete
    5. Dan, kalori akan lebih cepat terbakar if they walk the dogs :D

      Delete
  2. is it an event to welcome new students? it sounds so nice, like wowww! with all those interesting activities - from animals show, magic show etc. :D i haven't been in any events like that - but, went to a nature place with all those common-but-rare animals here. Haha.

    I wonder why other people were so excited to see frogs and snakes in that area, maybe they haven't had much experiences with all those animals. Well, Malaysia is full with them, right? I'm a chicken myself too. I can dissect cadaver, but not frogs (yet). Ouch. T_T

    Touching starfish sounds awesome! how do you feel? jelly-like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. New students masuk December. College Royal ni macam errrr open house. Ada banyak events, dan semua orang boleh datang. Prospective students pun boleh datang sebab ada tour untuk diaorang juga. Oh, and this is an all ages event. Sebab tu ada magic show bagai. Untuk budak-budak yang comel sangat dekat sini :D

      Good for you. Saya sangat jealous! We don't really have nature place kat sini. Arboretum tempat orang jogging-jogging adalah.

      Yang tu, saya pun tak tahu. Maybe because they are exotic animals. Or, maybe they like something gross (haha) and challenging. Dissecting cadaver and dissecting frogs are different things right. Maybe you are used to dissect cadaver because they are dead or whatnot.

      Starfish is surprisingly different from what I thought. It is not jelly-like. It's actually quite rough.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the moment farah. Nnt dh kerja, kang rindu pulak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tahu Zizie. Semua benda yang buat masa belajar ni, kita kena enjoy sebab kalau dah start kerja, takde dah peluang macam ni lagi.

      Delete
  4. cat show tu mesti best. teringin pergi event yang ada banyak kucing and kita boleh sentuh
    *sebab dgr cter kalau pergi pertandingan kucing, owner dia agak sombong n kedekut utk pgg kucing2 depa*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang best. Lagi-lagi untuk pencinta kucing.

      Semua ni depends dekat owner kucing-kucing tu juga. Ada je owners yang tak bagi kita pegang kucing dia. Tapi, lagi ramai yang okay. Siap bagi dukung lagi :D

      Delete
    2. Farah, selamat hari jadi ! =)

      Semoga dengan meningkatnya usia, Farah dikurniakan rezeki yang melimpah ruah, kesihatan yg berpanjangan dan hati yang lapang. Have a good one Farah !

      Delete
    3. Amin. Amin. Amin. Thank you Zharif :)

      Delete
  5. Somehow rasa macam nak plak merasa pergi menda2 camtu...
    Belum rezeki rasanya...**sigh**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mungkin belum ada rezeki sebab takde university dekat Malaysia buat benda macam ni lagi. Mungkin akan ada pada masa hadapan?

      Delete
  6. Ni macam prom ke? haha. Mr T comel gilaaa. Rasa nak kidnap masuk dalam baju. hahahaha.

    Giveaway Sayang by Scha Nazri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh tak. Kitaorang takde prom dekat sini. Or, mungkin ada tapi saya je yang tak pernah pergi. Ni open house. Lebih kurang macam carnival kot.

      Saya pun teringin nak kidnap dia. Tapi, orang rumah saya semua tak nak bela kucing. hahahha

      Delete
  7. mcm best lah farah...ade bayk binatang... kirim salam akk dekat nya-nyauu yg comel tuh yer... nmpk fluffy giler :D geram**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang banyak. Ada je lagi farm animals tapi saya tak pergi pun. Kucing dekat sini semua fluffy sangat sampai rasa nak nangis :D

      Delete
  8. Aww farah! Why this sounds so interesting?? You can touch spider like tarantula? Omg I am so scared but eager to try to touch it! Btw Mr.T is freaking cute! Pet show?? Envy coz they have it there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can touch the spider but of course I did not touch it. I'm such a chicken.

      Yes, yes, yes, Mr. T is freaking cute :D

      Delete
  9. memg xlahh nak sentuh big spider tu . dpt bygkan . gelinyaa yaya . hehe . comell sgt Mr.T . memg syok semuaaa event2 diaa . enjoy your time kak !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samalah kita. Memang tak naklah pegang spider tu. Mr. T memang comel sangat :D

      Delete
  10. hensomnya Mr.T tuh.. hehehe..

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...